Wednesday, June 17, 2009

After Fans/Pre Big Horn

I have been thinking a lot about wanting to do another 24hour race. I hate to wait too long, I think there is no reason I can't speed things up a little and get in that 114 miles that I had been mistakenly credited for a few years ago. I am still surprised how OK I felt the whole time.
I have hardly run in the past almost 2 weeks. My ankle I think is better now and the skin on my thighs has grown back-this was pretty painful since the race, even when not doing anything. I am really surprised I did not feel all that skin rub off while I was running- I guess I was lucky for that. I know now to use compression shorts when it will be very wet.
I am leaving tomorrow for Wyoming. I had thought this was going to be a solo trip but my niece Ann agreed to come with me and then John Taylor was looking for a ride so he is riding out with us too. He will be doing the 100 miler. I wish I were doing the 100 miles but I need to concentrate on just going faster than I normally do on trails. The plan is to leave at noon tm and drive to Gillette Wy, stay there and get to Dayton early the next day. The 100 starts at 11:00 Friday. The 50 has a bus to start leaving at 4AM Saturday with race starting at 6AM.
My vegan diet is still going well. I do not miss meat/eggs/chesse at all!!
I have to get lots of stuff ready since we are camping in Dayton. I am so excited to be doing a new race.

2 Comments:

Blogger Londell said...

wish you well and have a great trip!

June 17, 2009 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Wayne said...

Gotta like the 114 mile goal! Glad you're feeling healed up and ready to go. Have a great race this weekend, and John too.

June 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home