Monday, August 24, 2009

In true Ultra style

After Vouageur someone, can't remember who told me, "now don't go thinking you have to run 50 miles for your birthday, this counts". I said something like right as if I had the faintest intention. Well, I thought about it and decided that is exactly what I will attempt to do. I am taking a vacation day to morn my 40's and see how 50 feels. I will head out like at 5am and try to get in 50 miles. The plan is to head to st paul and then river road then to the Lakes and back- hope that is close to 50. I think I will try to find that website that gives milage. I am going to walk a lot I think. I thought I had better post so it not too easy to back down.

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Good Luck Karen!!! try "mapmurun.com" or "mapmyride.com" - they are usually pretty accurate.

August 24, 2009 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger wildknits said...

www.gmap-pedometer.com - seems to work well for me, though with my Mac I need to use Camino vs Safari (crashes Safari).

Like the hybrid approach on it. Now if they only included trails as well as roads!!

Happy Birthday Karen. Good to run with you (and talk gardening) last Thursday.

August 24, 2009 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Wayne said...

Take your time and enjoy it, Karen! Do like Steve and hit a couple cool spots for food... gotta have aid stations, ya know. :)

August 24, 2009 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

Happy Birthday!

Enjoy the ride :)

August 24, 2009 at 10:55 PM  
Blogger Julie B said...

Happy Birthday Karen! Celebrate turning the big 5 - 0! See you Saturday.

August 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home