Friday, September 19, 2008

Long Run

The plan is to run 10-12 road hours, I really want to do 12 but I will let myself out if I am not doing well after 10 hours. I am going to hopefully purchase some Hammer products like perpetuem and heed and stuff and practice a different system in prep for my 100. I say different system, but actually there never was a system- I always just ate when hungrey but time to try something new. I never wanted to be a fussy person about what I ate but I will see how having a system works. I have no idea what the aid stations will be like at mother road so I am best to be self sufficient.
I am starting tm at 5:30 AM tm at Minnehaha Falls area with my friend Linda- she wants to get in 13- she needs to be done early.
I like this area for road running becuase there are so many different loops. My favorite is the east-west river loop between the ford bridge and down to frankin or u of M. The loop down to Ft snelling and back and the parkway to Lake Nikomas around the lake and back are great too.

1 Comments:

Blogger SteveQ said...

If I'm feeling hungry during a long run, I think I've done something wrong. It's a good idea to keep the fueling steady throughout. Good luck!

September 19, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home