Saturday, September 20, 2008

Training Run

Well, it was a long day. I put in 10 hours of knee pain and slow running. I never had bad knee pain before so I was forced to walk alot but then again I walked about as much as I should have anyways. I worked hard to walk fast though. I was able to run more after mile 33 actually then I could between mile 15-33 which is good that the pain got more tolerable after more miles. I could not however walk down stairs at all.
I wanted to test my ability to get in 50 miles in 12 hours. I got in 42.5 in 10 under these bad circumstances so I happy enough with that.
I am really not looking foreward to Twin Cities in two weeks, I had no speed at all, I know I will do really bad. I am thinking of skipping it but I hate to waste the money I spent and I need it for my 41, especially since Superior didn't count.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Patten said...

What is wrong with the knee?

I am getting mine back. Wahoo! (although, I am running slower than you right now).

Just make TCM a party. I bet you could power walk it and still beat the sag truck.

I will be looking for you. Keep the game face on.

September 22, 2008 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger Wayne said...

Karen, I hope the knee pain doesn't persist. To me that's a long time and a lot of miles, under the best of conditions. There's no requirement to race TCM, so I vote with Matt that you just go out and enjoy it.

September 23, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home