Friday, September 26, 2008

Had a bad week

This past week sort is sort of on the top of bad weeks. Next will probably be worse.
My younger sister Leanne, who just turned 46 had decided to quit her kidney diaylsis and let nature take it course. She is tired of the constant pain from all her wounds and is calling it quits.
She told me this past saturday at 5AM - I had stopped by before my long run to switch her electric wheelchair with her regular one for her. She told me and I said- Why are you telling me this now? I was not in the best of moods wishing I didn't have this extra stop to make before my run. I actually didn't believe at that time that she ment it (what a nice sister I am).
I have been through a wide range of emotions this week. Leanne is going to do home Hospice and I will be there as much as possible. I will be the main person in charge of her care. Her last dialysis was last Friday and so far she is not doing too bad except for her normal pain.
I have no idea if I will be able to do TCM next week, I will try but everything is so uncertain right now.
I am going to do the Trail race at Frontenac tomorrow. I haven't run all week. Probably good to give my knee a rest since it hurt so bad running last week (no idea what it was), but I have not even done any exersice and have eaten badly. I can't wait to get out there tm.

4 Comments:

Blogger SteveQ said...

I've been there; caregivers need care, too. It's unbelievably hard. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

September 26, 2008 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger Londell said...

Keep strong and I will keep you and yours in my prayers...

September 26, 2008 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger keith said...

That is an unspeakably difficult situation. I wish you strength in both your sister's and your times of trial. I hope you heal well and take care of yourself first and foremost. I know this is probably an awkward time, but you were one of my most memorable folks from when I started running. You were right there with me at my first ultra! You have the strength and fortitude to persevere in the face of some pretty overwhelming odds...may you find it now.

September 27, 2008 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

It was nice to share the trail with you this morning - hang in there!

September 27, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home