Friday, October 3, 2008

TCM weekend

I am always excited about this marathon since it was my first and this weekend will be my 5th consecutive. This is the first one I did not put in specific training for it so I don't know what to expect.
Last year it was hot and croweded and I thought it was at it's capacity so it will be interesting to see with the increase in runners if it will be any worse.
I am looking foreward to seeing all the people I know running and spectating.
This year I am also planning to do the Dianna Pierce 1 mile race with my step granddaughter who is 7 years old on Saturday. My friend Linda is planning on running with her 5 yr old daughter too. It should be fun.
My sister is doing OK, actually we thought she would be gone by now (I know that sounds harsh) but averages are averages is what her Doc said. She cannot move however at all without alot of pain. Her mind is still sharp and her sense of humor is still intact for the most part. I am learning alot from her.
I am also learing alot about control. Everybody wants it- nobody wants to give up any of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

Well, you sure have a lot going on. Enjoy getting out and running on Sat and Sun. Ted (Pete) recruited me to play spectator on Sunday, so we'll be looking for you around mile 23.

October 3, 2008 at 8:32 PM  
Blogger Londell said...

I envy your passion and strength... And you sisters! God be with you all in this difficult time.

October 5, 2008 at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home