Thursday, October 23, 2008

Today is Leanne's burial day. She had her wake and service on Tuesday. She was cremated yesterday.
I have a little time this morning so thought I would write down some of my thoughts.
First of all thanks to bloggers who have sent me your well wishes and prayers. It really really means a lot.
I am not a very good writter- I am not the smartest person out there so I have always been afraid of my gramatical errors and spelling error (dont even know enough about the technical stuff on this to know if there is spell check) I am going to not worry about that anymore. I am going to just be myself and try to say what I think in honor of my sister and her attitude about being herself, too bad if people know I am not that smart.
Londell put a quote on his blogg:
"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy … . It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed."
~Jacqueline Gareau, Boston Marathon, (Champion in 1980)
I am thinking of this today because it is how I feel - in a non running way. Running has trained me to have gotten through lifes other obsticals. The 4 weeks of being a hospice caretaker, the two weeks of sleeping a Leanne's apt, waking up every few hours to administer meds then going to work the next day, changing dressing when I normally hate anything icky like that, dealing with other people when you would rather run away.
I don't know if anybody else will get this analogy because unlike running its not like I can just stop or DNF the real life game.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

Still thinking of you and wishing you the best, Karen. Hope to see you next weekend.

October 24, 2008 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Londell said...

Hope things are looking up. I know there is so much more after one passes which is very hard and takes months to handle. I continue to add you in my prayers and hope we can get more runs in in the spring. Right now, I am limiting it to small stuff.

October 26, 2008 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger SteveQ said...

Two weeks later, I see you finished a 100 miler in 25 hours! Can't wait for the report.

November 9, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home